Fighter jets struck the sites overnight on Wednesday.
This came after three rockets were fired earlier that day – two landing in Israel and one falling short in Lebanon.
Earlier on Wednesday, Israeli jets had also launched an attack in what has now escalated the intense border fighting amid simmering tensions with Iran, whose proxy groups control Lebanon.
Israel’s defence minister Benny Gantz told the country’s media afterwards: “This was an attack meant to send a message.
“Clearly we could do much more, and we hope we won’t arrive at that.”
He believes a Palestinian faction had launched the rockets.
Historically, small Palestinian factions in Lebanon have randomly fired on Israel.
The attacks hit open areas in the north of Israel and although they triggered some brush fires along hilly areas, no further damage or casualties were reported.
Nobody has taken responsibility for the attack, which originated from an area of south Lebanon controlled by Hezbollah guerrillas.
Israel’s military said it hit back with several rounds of fire on Wednesday before launching the latest air strikes during the early hours of Thursday.
They said in a statement: “Military fighter jets struck the launch sites and infrastructure used for terror in Lebanon from which the rockets were launched.”
THIS IS A BREAKING STORY. MORE TO FOLLOW…