The release date for Prince Harry’s upcoming memoir has been revealed after months of speculation. Although the book was originally scheduled for later this year, industry experts have now revealed the project is likely due to drop at the beginning of next year.
Industry executives with knowledge of the process have revealed the Duke of Sussex has on a number of occasions gotten cold feed about the contents of the book, according to the New York Times.
Some of the content is also said to contradict information conveyed in a new Netflix documentary series on the California lives of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle.
One Netflix source told the New York Times: “A lot in the show contradicted what Harry has written, so that was an issue.
“Then Harry and Meghan made significant requests [to filmmakers] to walk back content they themselves have provided, for their own project.”
Hollywood paper Deadline also recently reported that the documentary filmmakers had been “’confused’ by remarks made by Prince Harry on camera being inconsistent with what he has written in his soon-to-be-published memoir”.
Some reports suggested the publication date of the memoir could be pushed back out of respect for the late Queen following her passing in September.
The New York Times, citing industry sources has now revealed this will be released on January 10, 2023.
Commenting on the news, gossip columnist Richard Eden said the date was a “strange one”.
READ MORE: EU throws ‘black sheep’ of Brussels under the bus
“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.
“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
Though the release date has been revealed, speculation is bound to continue over the contents of the prince’s memoir.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams last month told the Mail: “If it had anything sensational it would be tasteless.”
The contents of the book are understood to have been somewhat “watered down” following the death of the Queen, according to the Daily Star.
Express.co.uk has approached Penguin Random House for comment.