Prince Harry in danger of 'total exclusion' from Royal Family over 'unflinching' memoir

4 mins read


Prince Harry risks being “completely excluded” from royal life with his new memoir, according to a commentator. Penguin Random House’s ‘Spare’, written by the Duke of Sussex, will be released on January 10, 2023, and is said to be an account including “raw, unflinching honesty”.

However, Kinsey Schofield told Express.co.uk that the memoir, which is likely to include revelations about his take on royal life, “obviously jeopardises Prince Harry’s relationship with his family”.

She added: “If he is heavily critical of King Charles III, there is a chance that he will be completely excluded from here on out.”

Details of Princess Diana’s funeral are mentioned in the book, according to publishers, who said: “Spare takes readers immediately back to one of the most searing images of the 20th Century: two young boys, two princes, walking behind their mother’s coffin as the world watched in sorrow-and horror.

“As Diana, Princess of Wales, was laid to rest, billions wondered what the princes must be thinking and feeling and how their lives would play out from that point on.

“For Harry, this is his story at last. With its raw, unflinching honesty, Spare is a landmark publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.”

Billed as “his story at last”, the book also delves into Harry’s “personal journey from trauma to healing”.

Express.co.uk has approached the Royal Family for comment.

Harry previously said some of the proceeds from the book will go to charity, with the publisher confirming this is in the form of two donations of $1.5m (£1.3m) and £300,000 respectively to the charities Sentebale and WellChild.

Sentebale, co-founded by Harry in 2006, helps children and adolescents in Lesotho and Botswana struggling to come to terms with their HIV status.

WellChild is a British charity which gives grants so young people with certain health needs can be cared for at home instead of in hospital.

READ MORE: Palace lawyers on ‘standby’ as Firm braces for Harry’s ‘nuclear’ book

Meanwhile, the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York’s roles as Counsellors of State have been retained, despite speculation that they might be revoked.

Insiders reveal that Princess Anne, Prince Edward and the Princess of Wales will join Camilla, the Queen Consort, Prince William, Harry, Prince Andrew and Princess Beatrice as official Counsellors of State.

One Buckingham Palace source indicated “no-one will be excluded”, suggesting the numbers will be expanded.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Blog