Predator raped girl, 16, in alley near Leicester Square then used aliases to try to escape

5 mins read

A man who raped a teenage girl in a busy central London spot before going on to commit further offences elsewhere has been handed a 21-year prison sentence. Timothy King, 37, was found guilty of three counts of rape.

He was sentenced at Reading Crown Court on Tuesday following a manhunt involving two police forces, with a seven-year extended licence.

The Metropolitan Police said today that King, formerly of Kilburn, north-west London, had sought to evade capture by using aliases and frequently changing his location.

A jury found King guilty of three counts of rape, false imprisonment, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and perverting the course of justice on August 1 this year.

Detective Sergeant Sophie McLoughlin, of the Met Police’s central west command unit, said: “This was a predatory and harrowing attack on a young girl in the West End of London.

“Timothy King exploited the vulnerabilities of his victim in order to fulfil his desires.

“Crimes of this nature have a devastating long-lasting impact and the victims have shown immense courage throughout.

“Their bravery is inspiring and we hope that this significant prison sentence can bring some form of closure to them both as they rebuild their lives.”

On September 27, 2021, King was in Leicester Square in London’s West End when, at around 5am in the morning, he came across a group of teenage girls who had been out socialising, the force said.

King approached one member of the group – aged 16 at the time – and started a conversation with her, before leading her away from the group to a secluded alleyway, where he raped her.

The Met said the victim “tried in vain to fight him off but could not stop his attack”.

She reported the incident to the police the same day and an investigation was launched. Detectives looked through hours of CCTV footage to trace King’s movements on the night, and were able to identify him by speaking to witnesses who recognised him.

Then, on October 9 the same year, King was known to be at a property in Slough, Berkshire, in which he locked the front door and proceeded to grab another victim, in her 20s, by the neck and raped her.

He is then said to have followed the victim around the property, preventing her from leaving, before he eventually left the following morning.

The Met said King offered £10,000 to the victim of the Slough attack over the phone when he discovered she had reported the rape to the police.

Thames Valley Police then discovered he was also wanted by the Met, and the two combined forces to capture him.

King was arrested just nine days later, on October 18, 2021, in Tower Hamlets, east London, and was charged by Thames Valley Police on October 20.

Detective Constable Emma Colston, of at the Domestic Abuse Investigation Unit at Windsor police station, said of King: “His actions have shown him to be a violent and dangerous man and he will now spend time in prison. I’d like to thank the victim for her bravery in coming forward.

“Tackling violence against woman and girls is a priority for Thames Valley Police and we will work tirelessly to bring offenders before the courts and get justice for victims.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Blog