‘The only personal pics we took’: Newlywed Nicola Peltz Beckham shares snap of vintage flip phones as she admits they were the only ones used at her wedding to Brooklyn amid ‘social media ban’
Nicola Peltz Beckham, 27, has shared a snap of old-school flip phones that were used during her wedding to 23-year-old husband Brooklyn – admitting they held the only personal pictures they took from the day.
The couple tied the knot in a lavish ceremony just last week on the bride’s sprawling Palm Beach estate.
And while the luxe nuptials were sure to feature a myriad of Instagram-worthy moments, the coupled decided to enforce a social media ban at the ceremony.
Retro: Nicola Peltz Beckham, 27, shared a snap of old school flip phones used at her wedding to Brooklyn, 23, via Instagram on Friday
Nicola shared a picture to her Instagram Story on Friday of her and Brooklyn’s Alcatel Go Flip phones, which were plugged in and in the process of sending pictures.
She explained to her 2.6million followers: ‘Our wedding phones and the only personal pics we took @brooklynpeltzbeckham’
The phones don’t get social media, with the only personal pictures they took being on them.
Newlyweds: The couple tied the knot in a lavish ceremony just last week on the bride’s sprawling Palm Beach estate, taking on each others names as Peltz Beckham
Strict: In order to enforce the strict social media ban enforced by Nicola and Brooklyn, guests and staff were presented with electronically-locking bags (bags by Yondr pictured)
Despite a lack of personal snaps, the star-studded wedding was covered by Vogue in a mega-deal, with their photographers at every corner to capture the celebrations in full.
In order to enforce the strict social media ban enforced by Nicola and Brooklyn, guests and staff were presented with electronically-locking bags.
Phones were placed in these small pouches, and would automatically lock in phone-free spaces, before unlocking in spaces in which social media was allowed.
Vintage: The old school phones were the only ones used by the couple on their wedding day
Engaged: The pair got married after three years of dating, with Brooklyn popping the question back in July 2020 – proposing with a $325,000 emerald and diamond ring
The pouches were made my electronic company Yondr, with the couple going to extreme lengths to protect the exclusivity of the Vogue image release.
The pair got married after three years of dating, with Brooklyn popping the question back in July 2020 – proposing with a $325,000 emerald and diamond ring.
The lavish ceremony was a truly A-list wedding, with the whole Beckham clan dressing to impress.
A host of other celebrities attended the nuptials, including Eva Longoria, tennis pro’s Serena and Venus Williams and the Ramsey family.
Dressed to impress: The lavish ceremony was a truly A-list wedding, with the whole Beckham clan dressing to impress – including parents of the groom Victoria and David
A timeline of Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz’s romance:
- April 2017: The pair meet at Coachella music festival after being introduced by a friend. At the time Brooklyn was in a relationship with his ex girlfriend Hana Cross
- November 2019: Nicola and Brooklyn first go public with their budding relationship in November 2019 when pictures emerged of them hugging after attending a Halloween party together
- January 2020: Nicola went Instagram official with their romance, posting a bedroom selfie in a bra, with a shirtless Brooklyn in the foreground, captioned with a simple black heart
- February 2020: The next month they sat front row in coordinating outfits at the Saint Laurent show at Paris Fashion Week
- March 2020: The pair move in with each other at the Beckhams family home as the pandemic hits
- July 2020: They then got engaged in July 2020, just eight months later, with Brooklyn proposing with a $325,000 emerald and diamond ring