Ian ‘Dicko’ Dickson looks completely different from his days on Australian Idol as he attends the Golden Guitar Awards in Tamworth
He sported his trademark long locks as a judge on Australian Idol in the noughties.
But Ian ‘Dicko’ Dickson was seen rocking a completely different look as he arrived at the Golden Guitar Awards in Tamworth on Wednesday.
The music executive, 59, sported a spiky platinum hairdo as he posed on the red carpet alongside a plethora of stars from Australian country music.
Then and now: Ian ‘Dicko’ Dickson looked completely different from his days on Australian Idol (left) as he attended the Golden Guitar Awards in Tamworth on Wednesday (right)
Dicko looked suave in a black shirt and velvet blazer, which he teamed with smart trousers.
He appeared in good spirits as he smiled for the cameras, before posing with country singer Taylor Moss, whom he manages.
She looked stunning in a black and purple sequinned dress.
Dashing: Dicko looked suave in a black shirt and velvet blazer teamed with smart trousers
Dicko was a judge on Australian Idol from 2003 to 2004 alongside Mark Holden and Marcia Hines.
He returned to the show in 2007 and stayed until the final season in 2009.
In October 2020, Channel Seven announced Australian Idol would be returning to television after 12 years as part of the network’s 2022 prime time line-up.
Representation: He posed alongside country singer Taylor Moss (right), whom he manages
Dicko spoke about the reboot in February last year, telling the TV Reload podcast: ‘To be honest, they should have second thoughts.’
After almost a decade break, Dicko revealed why he doesn’t think the show would work in 2022.
‘There’s no guarantee that because it was an iconic television show 18 years ago, that it’s going to do the business now,’ he said.
Career: Dicko was a judge on Australian Idol from 2003 to 2004 alongside Mark Holden and Marcia Hines. He later return to the show in 2007 until the final season in 2009
Dicko went on to say he feels the network should reconsider bringing back the talent competition.
‘We travelled around the country and saw all these nutjobs turning up singing when they can’t. They’re not going to do that anymore, they’re not,’ he said.
‘And so we’re not going to end up with all these amazing characters who weren’t that great at singing, all the loveable idiots on TV and fodder for some ritual humiliation.’
So far, no more details have been revealed about the show’s apparent return.
Dicko – who has previously looked after big names including Oasis, Public Enemy, Pearl Jam and Celine Dion – also later revealed he would not be returning to the revamped talent show.
‘No-one wants some old bloke being a bas***d to kids on TV anymore,’ he told TV Week.
End of an era! The music executive – who has previously looked after big names including Oasis, Public Enemy, Pearl Jam and Celine Dion – later revealed he would not be returning to the revamped talent show