Here are some significant developments:
- More states are opening vaccine access those over the age of 16, as the race continues between vaccinations and contagious new variants. West Virginia, Tennessee and Arizona announced plans Monday to make the shots more widely available within the next two weeks.
- Amid vaccine skepticism, especially among male Republicans, the nation’s sports leagues unveiled a new pro-vaccine public service announcement.
- German leader Angela Merkel is extending the country’s lockdown to April 18 and urging people to stay at home over Easter as a devastating third virus wave builds in the country.
- Beijing is sending its vaccines all over the world but the lack of transparency over its data has damaged public confidence in this vaccine diplomacy.
- At least 82.8 million people have received one or both doses of a coronavirus vaccine in the United States. More than 543,000 people have died from coronavirus in the country, out of roughly 29.8 million confirmed cases.